At St. Katharine’s we aim...
- to provide an excellent education for children of all abilities and backgrounds.
- to provide a safe and positive environment where children can develop the attitudes that will help them to be flexible, open-minded and understanding of others and where they can continue to learn to be responsible for their own actions.
- to be an integrated part of the village community and to confirm our Church of England status by our strong Christian ethos and active involvement with St Katharine’s Church.
- through good communication between Governors, parents and staff to work together in a committed and enthusiastic way where all feel a valued part of the school community.
We believe that...
- children learn through their natural enthusiasm and if they are given time. They learn if they can use their senses and they can work with ‘real things’.
- children learn at different rates and if they are closely matched with what they have been set to do. They learn if they are taught in a well-managed, secure and happy classroom where the atmosphere is calm and purposeful.
- children learn where they feel a sense of value in what they do. They also learn if home and school have the same aspirations and where education is seen as a working partnership.